Academy Award winner Rachel Weisz will portray another Oscar winner in the movie “A Special Relationship.”
Variety reports Weisz, who has an Oscar and was nominated for another in last year’s “The Favourite,” is set to star in “A Special Relationship.” In the movie, Weisz will portray actress Elizabeth Taylor, with the film focusing on her transition into a political activist.
According to Variety, the movie will be filmed by the directing duo of Katie Ellwood and Amber Finlayson who go by Bert and Bertie. Variety also reports the film will use the screenplay written by Oscar-winner Simon Beaufoy.
The picture will be produced by See-Saw, which is known for 2010’s “The King’s Speech” and 2016’s “Lion.”
Taylor won Academy Awards for “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf” and “Butterfield 8.” Variety reports she was nominated five times.
At the box office this weekend, it was a close battle between the “Maleficent” sequel and the “Joker” picture. In the end, according to reported numbers, “Joker” took the No. 1 spot with $18.9 million.
The full top five was:
1. Joker – $18,900,000
2. Maleficent 2 – $18,537,000
3. The Addams Family – $11,705,007
4. Zombieland 2 – $11,600,000
5. Countdown – $9,009,000
For the upcoming weekend, the sequel Terminator: Dark Fate is set for release.
On the small screen, meanwhile, home releases include:
- The Lion King, my rating: 2 out of 5, Large Association of Movie Blogs rating: 2.86 out of 5, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 53%, MetaCritic rating: 55.
- Angel of Mine, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 68%, MetaCritic rating: 47.
- Bloodline, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 50%, MetaCritic rating: 50.
- Satanic Panic, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 60%, MetaCritic rating: 51.
- Luce, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 92%, MetaCritic rating: 73.
- 10 Minutes Gone, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 0%, MetaCritic rating: 13.