MGM is teaming up with Director Julius Avery to helm a new thriller starring Sylvester Stallone.
According to Deadline, shooting is expected to start early in 2020. The movie, Deadline reports. will center on a boy who’s trying to learn the truth of a superhero who vanished decades ago.
The movie is being written Bragi F. Schut, who recently penned “Escape Room.” The news comes just days after Stallone’s “Rambo: Last Blood” hit theaters.
Rambo also reports that Stallone’s Balboa Productions is working with MGM on a biopic about Jack Johnson, the first African American boxer to win a world heavyweight title.
In other movie news Disney has released a new trailer for the animated sequel “Frozen II.”
At the box office this weekend it was the movie follow-up to the TV series “Downton Abbey” earning the top spot with an impressive $31 million. The two other new releases, “Ad Astra” and “Rambo: Last Blood,” meanwhile, each made about $19 million.
The full top five this weekend was:
1. Downton Abbey – $31,000,000
2. Ad Astra – $19,210,000
3. Rambo: Last Blood – $19,015,000
4. It: Chapter Two – $17,245,000
5. Hustlers – $17,000,000
On the smaller screen, films coming to home release include:
- Yesterday, my rating: 1 out of 5, Large Association of Movie Blogs rating: 2.89 out of 5, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 63%.
- Child’s Play, my rating: 3 out of 5, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 64%.
- Shaft, my rating: 3 out of 5, Large Association of Movie Blogs rating: 2.92 out of 5, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 32%.
- Anna, my rating: 3 out of 5, Rotten Tomatoes rating: 36%.