The Hollywood Foreign Press Association selected its top films of 2018 Sunday, with “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Green Book” coming away with the top two prizes.
Aside from those movies, another film having success at Sunday’s Golden Globe ceremony was “Roma,” taking Best Director. Winning for Best Drama Actor and Actress, meanwhile, were Rami Malek and Glenn Close.
Another moment of the night was acting veteran Jeff Bridges receiving the Cecil B. DeMille Award, the Globes’ de facto lifetime achievement award. Bridges has won both a Golden Globe and an Oscar.
The full list of winners is below:
Best Motion Picture — Drama
- “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
Best Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy
- “Green Book.”
Best Actress, Drama
- Glenn Close in “The Wife.’
Best Actor, Drama
- Rami Malek for “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Best Actress, Musical or Comedy
- Olivia Colman for “The Favourite”
Best Actor, Musical or Comedy
- Christian Bale for “Vice”
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Regina King for “If Beale Street Could Talk”
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Mahershala Ali for “Green Book”
Best Motion Picture — Animated
- “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”
Best Motion Picture — Foreign Language
- Alfonso Cuaron for “Roma”
- Peter Farrelly, Nick Vallelonga and Brian Currie for “Green Book”
- Justin Hurwitz for “First Man”
- “Shallow” in “A Star is Born”
Outside of the red carpet and the gold statues, the big story in Hollywood was “Aquaman” winning the box office at theaters this weekend. The movie continued its hot streak, earning $30 million this time around.
The full top five was:
1. Aquaman – $30,700,000
2. Escape Room – $18,000,000
3. Mary Poppins Returns – $15,773,000
4. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – $13,010,000
5. Bumblebee – $12,775,000
The upcoming weekend, meanwhile, has the movie “The Upside” having a wide release in theaters.